Notes

{These are my.... Notes I guess.
These notes are for a roleplay that I want to start, but I have to work out a few quirks first.
These will be written in the first person, given that they are notes to myself. I wonder how one is going to work out....
If you have any suggestions, feel free to share <3
}

Firstly, there needs to be a set number of players.... Seven works. That should be enough to keep the whole thing moving. And if someone(s) wanted to quit, they could just kill their character(s). Or something that makes them permanently disappear.
Now I want there to be a set ending too. But I first need to decide what I want the RP to be about. I know I want it to be some sort of quest, but the question is: a quest for what? Treasure is out of the question. Saving the world? Maybe.... Um mum mum..... Oh gosh I have no idea. That might come later.
Now, to keep the the RP moving, I could set up a list of mini-quests or goals. Of course those would center around the main quest/goal that I can not think of right now!

Okay, lets take a break form the story. Maybe designing the profiles. Yeah, that works.
Of course there has to be the usual, Username, name, age, and race categories... But to make it an interesting RP, I have to put meat on the skeleton. How 'bout:

Username:
Name:
Race:
Age:
Profession: Wow, I spelled that right on the first try O_O
Weapon(s):
Magic:
Past:
Appearance:
Word Color and Font:
Other:

Thats good. Everything would be as it sounds, name, race, age, blah, blah, blah. The only one that seems to make little sense, is the "Word Color and Font" part. Well that is a simple explanation; It's the color and font that you will use to make your RPC unique. Like someone could use, Orange color and Courier font. And only one person would be able to have
Orange color and Courier font. Which would look like this: Orange Courier.
But I want them to state their RPC's first and last name. Middle name if they want. I'll put that in parenthesis.

No wait.... I can't have seven all powerful heroes running around! I'll add a fears and faults section to the profile. I also need to bold the the thingys....

Now, for my RPC..... *evil grin*

Username: Betrayal SilverBlood
Name: Enin O. Corover (O. stands for Oblivion)
Race: Lunar Elf turned Litch
Age: 73 (looks and sort of acts 18/20-ish)
Profession: Necromancer
Weapon(s): Scythe
Magic/Abilities: Can heal severe wounds (external or internal). Can feel death, as in she can tell if someone is dieing and she can tell if there is a ghost, shade, undead, is nearby. Can talk to the dead. Can use black magic/shadow energy to a large extent.
Fears and Faults: Will loose power when is solitude, given that she is a Litch, because she in a way feeds off of the dieing life force of those around her. She can not die, she will stay unconscious for days, weeks, months, even years at a time when delivered a death blow, but she can not die unless the dieing life force(s) she feeds off of is/are cut off of from her for long enough. If she uses too much black magic/shadow energy at any given time, the entirety of the magic/energy will backfire on her. Scared of being left behind and alone. Sometimes she can get a bit clingy.
Appearance: *picture for this spot is being drawn*
Word Color and Font: Word color is Purple and Font is
Papyrus.
Other: Nothing right now.

There! My profile. I am quite pleased. I'll fill in the empty parts later.

Sadly, I still do not have an idea for what should be happening in the RP. It'll come too me later.
I hope.....




29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I like your blog. (Plus the fact that you live in an earthship!!). Your stories are great. Do you read much science fanasy?
I came to see if you would like to take part in my homeschooled kids blog carnival. You can find out more about it at http://www.homeschooling-ideas.com/homeschool-blogs.html - I would love you to take part.

Lokii said...

Hai, first off, love the blog, secondly, about the role-play: it sounds pretty cool. I know you posted this nearly 11 months ago, but were you interested in doing this on the internet, or was it something for the real world? If it was something for the internet, would you be interested in role-playing with me? The only role-playing I’ve done though has been through email and the like, so you might have to be patient with me if that’s not the way you do roleplaying stuff

Patience said...

Thank you, Lokii!
It was an internet role-play for a online forum-and-make-your-own-avatar site called "Menewsha" (there's a link in my sidebar-thingy in your interested in checking the website out out)
It would be great fun to role-play with you! What genres are you interested in?

Lokii said...

fantasy, steampunk, adventure, really anything thats not plain reality (I tend to get too much of that as is).
I have a couple rp characters that I could modify for whatever we would do, too.
what were you thinking of?

Lokii said...

Oh, also, my menewsha account is "RobinGoodfellow" if that helps at all

Patience said...

I really didn't have anything particular in mind for an RP, but I'm all for all the stuff you just mentioned :D
I'm not really an expert on steampunk -though I do think it's uber cool- but anything to do with fantasy/fairyland/monsters/dragons/etc. I'm pretty fluent in.

I'm "ClosetShadow". I haven't been on in a long while though... Oi have I let so many RPs drop T3T

Lokii said...

lol, yeah thats about where my knowledge of steampunk ends too.
fantasy is always awsome, so we could do that.
it would probably be easier to decided what would happen if we decided a couple of starting characters first. were you thinking of using Enin (above) or somebody else?

Patience said...

I probably wouldn't be using Enin. I have character OCD. I can't stick with just one for too long, and I pick and choose them depending on what story I'm currently writing and what mood I'm in.
Anywho, I character I have on hand right now is Lailie. I don't have a last name for her just yet, but it'll show up sooner or later.
Lailie is a nightmare, i.e. a physical rendition of a bad dream. Have anything that mixes? If not I've got plenty others. Lailie is just the first that comes to mind :D

Lokii said...

I have the exact same thing when it comes to characters...I tend to get bored with them after a while :D. As for rp chars, I have a male shade (i.e.- interdimensional creature, disapears in direct sunlight)
and a female naiad.
I was thinking about using her, what do you think?

Lokii said...

now I'm thinking of using the shade. There's that OCD again...

Patience said...

Haha, well here's what I've got:
If you deiced once and for all on the shade, we could do something that borders along the lines of the Underworld and visiting the land above. Or something >.>
And for your naiad character.... I have a pixie character, Cine Trixle, that might be able to mix into a scenario with her. Though I'm not quite sure what said scenario might be...

Patience said...

Haha, well here's what I've got:
If you deiced once and for all on the shade, we could do something that borders along the lines of the Underworld and visiting the land above. Or something >.>
And for your naiad character.... I have a pixie character, Cine Trixle, that might be able to mix into a scenario with her. Though I'm not quite sure what said scenario might be...

Lokii said...

I love your underworld idea. They/one of them (depending on how/where we want them to me) could escape from the underworld, because it's (or at least I've always thought of it as) the kind of place where the less powerful are used as hors d'oeuvres. The demon's in power/Hades would really not like this whole, “escape from the lands of eternal torment and death" idea and send some other demons or some type of fugitive hunting squad to get them. We’d probably (if you like this idea)need to give them a goal other than don’t get killed though, like where they’re trying to go or that they’re trying to do something like find the mystic artifact to release somebody’s sister from the underworld (just an example, not an idea. Well, not a good one anyway)
What do you think?

Patience said...

Hrm... I like that idea. I know! How does this sound?
Both our characters start in the Underworld. We wander for a post or two, and then both deiced to try and leave the Underworld to get away form all the crap they've had to live through their entire afterlives. They end up (by the almighty power that is us) leaving the same exact way and at the same exact time. Because of this their damned souls don't travel with them to the land of the living. After a while of running from Hades' demon hunters, they have to sneak back into the underworld and recover their souls. I'm not sure what to make to catch though...
Oh, and I was thinking that, once we figure out what we want, we could start a new and shared blog to post to.

Lokii said...

Ooh, nice, I like the idea of them already being dead (no, I'm not really sure what else I was thinking, but it wasn't that) and a separate blog is a good idea, especially for all the OOC stuff
Also, by " I'm not sure what to make to catch though..." did you mean 'I'm not sure what to make the catch though?"
If so, …hrm, I’m thinking about what it could be…

Patience said...

Awesomeness :D
And yes, I meant to say "I'm not sure what to make the catch though?". Sometimes my fingers don't type what I'm thinking.
The only thing I can think of at the moment is something to do with the fact that they'll die without their souls and they'll have to do it all over again or something along those lines...

Lokii said...

yeah, that same thing happens to me all the time. It's even more annoying when I'm not sure what I wrote, ha ha.

It could be that when they leave the underworld, there's some kind of catch like they can go but their souls stay behind, and just kind of drift aimlessly around (the soul that is).
they don't really care, because if they die without it then they have to do it over again, but if they die with their souls, they go right back to the underworld, because once they’re dead, the underworld can claim them again.
Then they find out that if the demons or whatever have their souls, that they can influence them and make them come back, and that if they destroy their souls… I’m not sure…if the souls were already dammed…. It shouldn’t be that they just never were… something really bad…If the soul’s weren’t already dammed and it’s just the place where all the dead goes than it’s that they can send them to eternal torture.
But anyway, Hades knows this too, so it ends up as a race to see who can get the souls first, and nobody really knows where they are, because it’s like trying to find a balloon that you let go of, albeit on a smaller scale.
What say you?

Patience said...

That sounds pretty cool. So if the demons/Hades get the souls, they can control our RPCs and send them back into the Underworld to eternal torture. But if our RPCs get their souls back before Hades does, they're free to do as they they wish.
This is gonna be great :D
Would you like to make the new blog, or would like me to do that?

Lokii said...

Awsome :D
I can go ahead and make the blog.
any color/layout/title prefrence?

Patience said...

Ummm... Purple and navy-blue are the colors that -for me- seem to fit the best. Or maybe crimson :D
And as for a title and layout, I dun really care. you can pick :3

Lokii said...

coolio, how do I include you as an author?

Patience said...

1. Got to said blog.
2. Up where is says "sign out" it also says "edit settings". Click on "edit settings".
3. Click on the "permissions" tab under "Settings".
4. Click "add author".
5. Add me :D

Lokii said...

kay, I sent it to you. I have to got shovel the driveway, but I'll be back...with out quoting movies I haven't seen...

Patience said...

Huh, I haven't gotten the invite... Can you try again when you get back in?

Lokii said...

yeah, here. Give me one sec

Lokii said...

Sorry, I feel like an idiot for not being able to do this, but where can I find your email. I need it to add you.

Patience said...

It's okay. It took me forever to figure it out the first time too.
Meh email = patience8@gmail.com

Lokii said...

alright, thanks! You're invited!

Patience said...

Yay!
I accepted, see you there!