Warmoring (2)

The Arena, DarkRealms Castle
4:27am

Haythia dodged another one of Andreas' attacks.
"Your mad." Haythia said as she lunged back at Andreas.
"So are you." Andreas said moving aside just in time to dodge Haythia's attack.
"Damn strait." She said, her anger growing with each passing second. A small sliver of light could be seen on the horizon and Haythia wished that she could be fighting Elleron himself and not for him. Haythia's anger was burning hot.
"When was the the last time you fed?" Andreas asked Haythia as they spared.
"I don't remember. Though I plan to feed off of Elleron when this battle is over." She said, tripping Andreas and holding her sword to his throat.
"Okay you win the spar." Andreas said nervously. Haythia withdrew her blade and turned to face one of the dummies.
"How do you think your going make it?" Andreas asked as he stood and brushed the dust off his tunic.
"What do you mean? I've lasted this long." Haythia spat as she moved from dummy to dummy, leaving a trail of shredded fabric and stuffing cotton in her wake.
"You'll be surrounded by blood. The smell of it will drive you crazy." Andreas told her, walking over to a bench and sitting down. Haythia slashed the head off the last dummy.
"You've taught me to hold back. You've taught me how to channel my hunger into power." Haythia said turning to Andreas. Andreas nodded.
"Yes, I guess I did." He said, looking at Haythia. Haythia walked over and sat beside him. She leaned on his shoulder as he wrapped an arm around her.
"Is there any way I can be me again?" Haythia asked Andreas, a sadness in her voice that only Andreas heard.
"No... Once bitten. Always bitten." Andreas told her. Haythia cursed. Elleron was a pure blood-born vampire and had bitten Haythia and made her a "bitten vampire". Ever since then, Haythia had been dark, mean, and lusted for blood and battle. Only very rarely did Haythia seem human. The drums sounded and Haythia once again was overcome with hate.
"I swear when this is over..." Haythia said standing and clenching her fists.
"We'll get through this. C'mon." Andreas said walking out of the arena.

No comments: