Cheese?

James was a small boy the age of twelve. He lived out in the country, about fifteen miles form the nearest town. He had lost his mother and father to a flood and was now left all alone, with only his cat, Heridain, to keep him company. The flood had destroyed more than half of the food stores, and James was forced to head toward town for food. He tried to tell Heridain to stay, but the stubborn cat refused to listen and followed James out of the house and onto the road.

James found plenty of berries to feed himself on the way to the town, and Heridain had found himself a few mice to snack on. But after the first five miles James began to crave cheese. He didn't know why. He just did. He remembered his father telling him that when a person is on a long trip and has very few things to eat, they start to crave a food that they think would taste good. James came to the conclusion that this craving for cheese was what his father was talking about.

Miles later James fell to the ground, his legs refusing to walk any further. Heridain sat beside him fer a minute and then ran up the road towards a person walking towards James. It was an old man.
"Dear dear. What have we here? What are you doing out in the middle of the road young man?" Asked the elder man.
"Looking for food sir." James said sitting up.
"Well your in luck." Said the man.
"For I've got some food right here." The man took something wrapped in a cloth out of his pocket and gave it to James. James unwrapped it. Inside the cloth was a big slice of cheese.
"Thank you sir!" said James, bitting into the cheese.
"I'm glad you got what you wanted." Said the man.
"Say would you like to come to my house young man?" Asked the man.
"That would be very nice sir." Answered James. And so the Man took James to his house and gave him a new house, a new family, and plenty of cheese.

3 comments:

Melina said...

p-nut,
I love your slide show! It's great. I'm so so so proud of your writing- you're really working it and that is just fabulous. Here is the link to the place where Lydia nominated your blog: http://alasandras.blogspot.com/2008/07/nominees.html. The voting starts November 1, so be sure to go vote then! I love you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

--Mommy

Patience said...

Thanks! <3

Anonymous said...

First of all I wаnt to sаy superb blog! I had a quicκ question which
I'd like to ask if you don't minԁ. I ωas interestеd to find
out how уou center yourѕelf and clеаr
yοuг head before writing. I have had a ԁifficult time cleаring
my thoughts in getting my thoughts out. I tгuly dο
take pleasurе in writing howeveг it just seems
lіκe the first 10 tο 15 minutes
are geneгаlly lost just trying to figurе
out hοω to begin. Any suggestіons οr hintѕ?
Chеeгs!

Look at my homepаge: www.oklahomacityroofpro.com
my site - roof Repair oklahoma city