From Ink to Skin (3)

Part/Chapter three
Some Light Shed
Ecneitap And I Talked for hours about DFF and Ink summoning. By the time we stopped to look at the clock it was a little after midnight.
"I think I should go home." I said standing. Ecneitap laughed.
"Yes, and I to bed." She stood and we shook hands.
"So... I'll be seeing to tomorrow then?" Ecneitap asked showing me to the door.
"You bet Ennie." I said as I walked out the door. Ecneitap waved good-bye and I started to walk home. While I walked home I took out Aclen's book and looked at it. Ecneitap had let me take it with me for now. As I looked through the book, I thought over what Ecneitap and I had talked about. She had told me her way of summoning a drawing correctly and told me how to do so in the simplest way she could manage. She also offered to go with me when I decided I wanted to quit working for DFF. So Ecneitap was going to meet me tomorrow morning at the tavern and she was going to drive me there. I was nervous about the whole thing, but Ecneitap assured me it would be fine. I tuned the corner and found myself in front of my simple single story house. I walked up to the door, unlocked it, and went inside. I went to my room, changed into my PJs and went to bed. Tomorrow was going to be a big day.
--~oO0Oo~--

My alarm clock went off. I slumped out of bed and tuned it off.
"Ugh, nine thirty. Wished we hadn't stayed up so late..." I grumbled as I started my morning routine. I brushed my teeth, took a shower, got dressed, put my book and Aclen's in a bog and headed out the door. About a block from my house there was a little coffee shop and fortunately it was also on the way to the tavern. So I stopped by there and got myself a caffeinated mocha on the way. By the time I reached the tavern the caffeine had kicked in a little and I felt a bit more awake. I took the last sip of my mocha as I entered the tavern. Ecnietap was siting at the table with a mug of some strong smelling coffee.
"Morning darling." She said as I sat beside her.
"Mornin' Ennie." I reached in my bag for Aclen's book.
"How'd you sleep?" She asked.
"Meh, As good as I could have. You?" I gave Aclen's book to her.
"Oh, I slept wonderfully. Thanks." She took the book form me and put in her bag.
"So, you ready?" Ecneitap asked, finishing her coffee.
"I guess..."
"Good. Lets go." Ecneitap took me out to her car and we set off.

No comments: