Labyrinth II: Return to the Labyrinth (10)

Chapter ten,
A new adventure story

Sarah got out of the car and closed the door. To day had been good, knowing that Ray was alright. "Sarah honey, can you get he mail?" her father asked as he walked inside. Sarah nodded and wentot the mailbox.

As she walked in, Sarah read who the letters were for, like she always did. When she came to the bottom of the pile, she paused. In her hands was the same envelope she had put on her windowsill to sen to Ray. The only difference was that the envelope seemed much thicker now.

Sarah put the rest of the mail on the table and headed up to her room, opening the envelope as she went. It wasn't her letter, it was three more from Ray! Sarah lay down on her bed and began to read.
"Hey Sarah,
I got your letter. Odd way of sending them though. Anyways, just so you know, I'm fine. In fact I've never had this much fun in my entire life! And, because it's only fair, I'll tell you everything."
Sarah read, and from that point on, it was a story, written just like how she told Ray.

Sarah read the letters over three times, just to make sure she was reading everything right. She was amazed by how different Ray's experience in the Labyrinth was compared to Sarah's. But the things that stuck out the most were that the Goblin King let Ray into the Labyrinth in the first place, the first ball were Ray danced to the same song Sarah had, and the private dinner party.
"And you won't believe it! In the letter saying I was invited to the private dinner, the King wrote "P.S. Because you won." meaning the race. And even better than that, he signed his name. Not "Goblin King" or whatever, but his name, Jareth! I swear my heart skipped a beat then. But, as you can surely see, I'm out of room. I might not be able to write back right away (I have dresses to sew) but I'll try my best.
Talk to you later,
~Ray."
And that was the end of it for the third time. Sarah read over that little clip once more. "He signed his name?" Sarah just didn't know what to think, but whatever was going on, Ray was alright and having a good time, which was what mattered.

Sarah wrote her reply and put in in an envelope, along with one extra for Ray, and put it on the windowsill. She had to go to bed early that night, school was the next day and summer break was a month away, so Sarah played her music box and went to sleep.

No comments: