Living so many lives

Prologue
Out in space.
It all happened on that day, out in space, so many years ago. I was going to my room, my shift had just ended and I needed some sleep. Then Jake, the third person in charge, came out of a connecting junction pointing a laser pistol at me.
"This way." he said in a voice of ice. For some reason, I did as he said. We walked down the corridor to his room. When the door opened I could've hit Jake. There in the middle of the room, Thane sat bound to a chair. He looked up to me, his face weary and pale. Thane had been a good friend of mine.
"What is the meaning of this?!" I asked enraged. Jake said nothing, only went over to the table and pulled a cover off of something I hadn't noticed when I had come in. When he showed me what had been covered, I nearly feel to the ground in pain. Jake had uncovered a tablet. A tablet that described one of my past lives. A life that I hadn't yet finished.

Part one
Down in a cavern.
"Did you hear that?" Dan hissed at me. I shook my head, but I stood still, tying to hear what Dan had. Then I heard it! A sobbing was coming from deeper inside the cave.
"Crying? Who would be down here crying?" I asked Dan in a hushed voice, he just shrugged and followed the sound. I followed him, making sure that my steps were soft and quiet. After about an hour of walking down a steep and rocky path we came into a dark but open space. Dan felt along the sides of the cavern looking for something. He stuck his hands in some water. Wait no, it was oil. I took my torch and held it to the liquid. The whole room burst into light! The sobbing was coming form inside the pillar at the back of the cave. Dan went to look at the pictures and the walls and I went up to the pillar. A beautiful figure had been painted on the pillar. Being me, I reached out to touch the pillar. When I did the pillar started to move. At first I didn't know which way it was moving, but then it started to move up into the ceiling. Dan ran over to me and watched. When the shaking stopped and the Pillar had been pulled high into ceiling and the same figure that had been drawn on the pillar hung chained form the ceiling. She was the one crying but she seemed to not have noticed Dan and I. Quickly we took the girl down and laid her on the ground. She had two huge beautiful wings. Each one was about at long as her and they were colored a dull gray with some red where the chains had been put. Dan and I decided to wait for her to wake up and we set up camp in the cavern. I don't know how much time had past when the girl started to move. Dan had fallen asleep so I went over to her side a cup of hot soup in my hands. Her eyes flickered opened. She looked at me her eyes red and swollen form all the crying.
"Thank you..." She said in a broken voice that seemed to have not been used for years.
"Your welcome." I said, a little confused. Yeah, Dan and I did take her down but something was nagging me at the back of my head.

4 comments:

Melina said...

It's wonderful to see you trying on different points of view. How do you feel about experimenting with the first person voice?

Dr. Larry Peck said...

It is fascinating that you are writing so beautifully.

It must be those long arduous days at the government school. NOT!

How did Jake reveal a past life that you are still living? The concept sounds intriguing.

Patience said...

To Melina: Thank you <3
It's interesting trying the first person view. It's a whole different description process.

To Larry: Thanks ^3^ and how Jake reveled her past life will be revealed later in the story...

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.