Space's Children. By: me

Rayah jolted upright in her bed. She looked over to the clock.
"Damn. Freaking three in the morning..." She grumbled but got out of bed anyway. Tucking the loose stands of her dark mahogany hair behind her ears, Rayah walked over to her window. A silhouette stood there in the green of the lawn.
"Who the heck?" she squinted, trying to get a better view of whoever was there. Then it just disappeared. Like dust int the wind. Rayah shook her head.
"Just a trick of the light. Nothing to worry about." she yawned and started to walk back to here bed.
"I'm no trick of the light." A deep almost demonic voice came from behind her. Rayah whipped around. There in front of her stood a boy who seemed about seventeen.
"Who the hell are you!?" she said in a raised but not loud enough to be yelling. Rayah didn't want to wake the rest of the girls.
"I'm you're Demon, you're darkness." he said, his eyes where glowing purple and his hair was a bright shining sliver that nearly reached the floor.
"M-my what?" Rayah's voice started to shake. She wasn't scared of demon before, but now she felt like running away. Fast.
"You're demon. I'm supposed to take you home to Space, you're mother..." his eyes softened looking right into hers. Rayah stood there stunned for a few second s and then shook her head, coming back to her senses.
"Wait a sec. My mother? I don't have one, she died years ago. The reason I'm in this god-forsaken orphanage." she said waving about her. Her so called demon shook his head.
"That human wasn't your mother. She was just to care for you as long as she could. But now that you are of age, it is my duty to watch over you." he put a lot of emphases on 'my'. He seemed to be ever so slightly exited about the whole thing. The wired thing was, Rayah had calmed down. She was no longer scared and actually wanted to go with him.
"Okay, but first things first. Who are you? Like do you have a name or are you just Demon?" she sarted to get together what little she owned and couldn't live without.
"My name is Thane." He said in a softer voice but it was still demonic.

No comments: