Living so many lives

Part three
Out in space.
I have been quiet. Just like Jake told me. I'm worried about Thane. He's just like me, but he doesn't know it. He's the same creature, just younger. Right now another Thane is helping another me. A winged me. Jake had kept Thane locked up in his quarters and told me to tell the captain that Thane died on his last mission. I know I lied, something I rarely ever do. But...If that Thane dies, so does the other one. Then, I'll die because my other self will die without him. I know I'm not making much sense but, thats whats happening

Part Four
Down in a cavern.
Oaklike smiled at me and then walked over to a tablet.
"I am one of these beings." She pointed to one of the shadow people one the walls.
"I am a Shaden. A creature of dark yet without us there would be no light." She said in an almost singing voice. Oaklike looked at me, her eyes bright and alive, not dull like they used to be. Her wings were now almost all dark crimson red.
"A what? Creature of darkness?" I asked. I had thought she was an angel or something, but no. She was something I had never heard of before. Oaklike giggled.
"I am a soul. A soul with a mind of it's own. Most souls live inside of a person and give them life. I am my own person. Am I making any sense?" She asked flexing her wings slightly. I processed what she had said for a minute. A creature of darkness that gives a person life. I had always thought that your soul was a thing of light and purity but for some reason I knew that what said was real. The truth.
"Yes. I understand." I said still unsure of my own thoughts. Oaklike turned away from the wall and went into the center of the cavern. She looked around her, I didn't know what she was doing and was about to ask when she unfurled her wings. It was a sight to behold.
They were beautiful, and almost reached me where I was standing. Oaklike looked up to the ceiling and sighed. She pulled her wings back to her body. Now, her wings were completely crimson red.

No comments: