Living so many lives

Part two
Down in a cavern.
The girl and I swapped a few words before she passed out again. She said her name was Oaklike and that she was glad that two fine men like Dan I could help her. Tough she also said that she, at this very minute, was living another life in another world and time. I was about to ask more but she had put her head down and closed her eyes. Dan was still sleeping so I stood up and looked at the pictures that covered the walls of the cavern. The writing on the walls were faded and I couldn't read them, but all the illustrations were still intact. I couldn't read the story that the pictures told but many times I saw shadowy figures helping a winged figure that I guessed was Oaklike. It was strange trying to figure out what the pictures and symbols meant. I don't know how long I was staring at them, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around, thinking it was Dan. It wasn't. Oaklike stood there smiling. Her wings had started to change colors. The tips of her wings were still a dull gray but as the feather went up the color went form gray to blood red.
"Whats happanin' to your wings?" I asked looking at them. The chains seemed to have dissolved and the only metal on her that I could see were the rings that were pierced into her wings.
"Oh, nothing really important. But I would like to know your name." Her voice was more...Full now. It was soft and kind, not broken and ruff. I shook my head, I had forgot to tell her my own name.
"I'm Thane. My buddy there is Dan." I said pointing to the snoring Dan laying on the cavern floor. She giggled softly. It was a nice sound to hear.
"So..." I hesitated. Should I ask her more. Or would that be rude? Before I could say anymore, Oaklike smiled and spoke.
"What would you like to know?" She looked at me with soft eyes. It was then I noticed her eyes were a deep violet, not brown or green or the usual eye color. But then again, she's not an ordinary person either.
"Well...I would like to know what you are." I said, my voice wavering a little, I still didn't know what was okay or not.

No comments: